nostalgic shakedown

...

Monday, February 15, 2010

three lil bowls





These guys are the best. I use one everyday for my cereal- totally practical. So, I came across these three bowls in the big lot. One is the famous woodland (white on brown), Butter print (blue on white), and a solid blue.

I totally dig the butter print because it's AMISH themed! Ever since I was in high school I've had an unnatural affection for all things amish...so I especially enjoy this pattern. It's got a man and woman dress in farming clothes, bales of hay, and roosters. Gotta love it. Super Americana. :o)

The blue bowl is SUPER worn (probably dishwasher wear over a couple decades)...it's flat mat blue now, with lots of scratches and bands of color missing. This has created an interesting depth in the paint....as badly preserved as this bowl is, it's one of my favs.

And of course the woodlands bowl is awesome.... always reminds me of home.

1 comment:

  1. We have something similar to the woodland theme at my house. At least its white on brown... That amish theme is super fun!

    ReplyDelete