nostalgic shakedown

...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

what I kept from the lot... surprisingly, not pyrex!





Check it out... 4 beautiful, peachy, iridescent, bee-hive shaped handled dishes! Too darn cute. Now, Fire king has a tendency to get mixed-up with Pyrex quite a bit, due to the pattern similarities and over-all look. These lil guys however, are unmistakably non-Pyrex...though I must admit I've used them more in the last couple weeks than most of my Pyrex all together! They're very practical- perfect size for fro-yo (I've been making my own every week), dipping sauces, soup, small dish of cereal, etc. I'd estimate they're volume at about 1 1/2 cups capacity. I love how the bowls have handles, so when you're eating something super hot, or freezing cold you can opt to hold that instead. I did this tonight with my fro-yo. :o)

The dishes are in fairly good shape- with minimal scratches and some paint loss. Overall, the inside white surface is clean and smooth. The peach color on the exterior is very shiny and has a luminescent quality, something you don't tend to see on contemporary dishes. I believe they go for about $5-$10/each if you were to buy them online. Not a bad deal since I bought the 33 piece lot of dishes for $50! hahaha.....good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment