nostalgic shakedown

...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

33 Piece lot for $50?!?!

OMG..... so, there is a lady on Craigslist selling a plethora of vintage Pyrex for only $50! 33 pieces= $300 worth of goods, at the bare minimum..! I was thinking...what if I bought the lot, saved 1/3 or 1/2 for myself, and sold the rest on CL, Etsy, Ebay, etc... I could make my money back, and then some. It is truly tempting!! Since the seller is in Richmond, I'm more hesitant to jump on board as it requires a drive.. but in reality it's only about 30-40 minutes.

::(trying to rationalize this awesome purchase..)::

The best part is that she has several patterns I don't own yet, and a few that I do. I figure I'll sell the patterns I already own, and keep the nicer of the patterns I don't own. I'm primarily interested in the Butterprint (blue on white graphic of an amish scene!), the gold on Brown Early American pattern (so retro!), and the Frost Garland (blue on white garland/snowflake like pattern). I'm looking to add more blue to my collection since I only have one piece thus far with any blue in the graphic.

So..I told the seller I will wait for fate to kick in...if no one buys this set by Friday, I will go pick them all up on Saturday.......clean, sort, divide, sell and enjoy whats left. :o)

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Hopefully it will work out. Take a bodyguard with you to Gangstaland, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelieveable...EVERYONE thinks I'm going to get shot. Well, maybe that's just a sacrifice that needs to be made. ROFL. j/k it looks like a nicer area.... I'm not worried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fate. And you didn't get shot. Double YAY!

    ReplyDelete