nostalgic shakedown

...

Monday, January 25, 2010

Golden Scroll bowl



I found the gorgeous bowl a couple of weeks back... boy did I almost squeal in excitement from this find. :o) It is in very good condition, with only few little nicks in the gold design. I had never seen or heard o f this design before I came across it on that fateful, dusty shelf... hehe... now it is one of my dearest pieces. (One I have not christened with use thus far-an uncommon occurrence!)

This 4 Quart Golden Scroll pattern bowl is special as it was only distributed on a promotional basis (so says pyrexlove.com). It was accompanied by a small 2.5 quart bowl of the same pattern, along with a metal display for service at a party. Love it! I wish I could have found the small bowl to match...alas, the hunt continues.

When I showed this bowl to my Mom via picture message, she told me she had noticed it used as a prop in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's! I have yet to see the scene, but I'm looking forward to checking it out. I love the historical reference this bowl has...awesomesauce.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be on the look out for this in the movie now. Pretty bowl.

    ReplyDelete