nostalgic shakedown

...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Divided Dishes....FTW




Pyrex, you are so smart. You just knew that some of us cannot stand having two different types of food touching when saving leftovers... or that some of us just cannot take having the green and red Christmas candies mixed together... or that lids=money saver (suck it reynolds wrap!!)... awesome!
Here are some of my own and most recent bay area thrift store finds... most for $7-$15
These patterns are: Daisy, Verde, Blue Ivy... I gotta say....I love the Sunflower lid on clear glass a little better...but it was still the highlight of this weekends finds. :o)

This details of the Verde (olive branches) is one of the most worn patterns I have ever picked up...but I couldn't just leave it at the store. I like to think this piece was used since the 50s at family gatherings..housing mixed nuts, candies, leftover lasagna, and who knows what else... as great as it is to find a pristine piece, sometimes the ones that shows their age tend to call to me even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment